Triathlon Trainingslager Südbaden
Keine Flugreise
Deutschlands wärmste Gegend
Kilometer sammeln vor den Wettkämpfen
Traumhafte Trainingsstrecken
Training auf dem eigenen Rad
25.05.-02.06.2024
EUR 390,-
triathlon-szene.de | Europas aktivstes Triathlon Forum - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - Ironman Südafrika
Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 23.11.2021, 21:42   #269
longo
Szenekenner

Benutzerbild von longo

Zitat:
Zitat von christof_s Beitrag anzeigen
Was war eigentlich mit Herrn Fromhold los?
Gute Besserung!
So lautet sein Bericht:
"As athlete you always put so much energy into the preparation of a big event like @imsouthafrica!
Like I said before I did all my homework… simply said: I felt ready!
Friday pre race everything changed! Simply said something changed over night… I woke up in the morning and I already felt exhausted! The situation didn’t changed on saturday but as an athlete you learnt to see everything too positiv and anyway we all know our pre race nerves! Who doesn’t know when your body shows some signs pre race but it isn’t serious!
Not this time! Had to call it a day on sunday morning before the gun goes off but I hadn’t. So I tried but it was a mission impossible and DNF after 60k on the bike.
Back in the hotel I slept for 4h and saw buddy @maurice.clavel winning from my balcony. Monday morning I felt better and I decided to flight back home! Everything went well till Johannesburg but on the flight to Frankfurt my body capitulated! Now I‘m home with a cold and since a few hours also fewer! Probably I was already sick on race day. Shit happens
Life as an athlete is simply brutal. I‘ve invested so much and in the end I wasn’t rewarded! Maybe it’s just bad luck or maybe it is like it is! Whatever I‘m still disappointed but as an athlete you will try it again! I‘ve done a lot of right in the last few months… that remains.
Thanks to my sponsors for the ongoing support!
Just to mention I also did some covid tests and all of them were negative!!!"
longo ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten