gemeinsam zwiften | youtube | forum heute
Bestzeit!
Triathlon Coaching
Individueller Trainingsplan vom persönlichen Coach
Wissenschaftliches Training
Doppeltes Radtraining: Straße und Rolle mit separaten Programmen
Persönlich: Regelmäßige Skype-Termine
Mehr erfahren: Jetzt unverbindlichen Skype-Talk buchen!
Manchester Velodrome - Eine Stunde im Home Of British Cycling - triathlon-szene.de | Europas aktivstes Triathlon Forum
Zurück   triathlon-szene.de | Europas aktivstes Triathlon Forum > Allgemein > Triathletisches > Radsport
Registrieren Benutzerliste Suchen Heutige Beiträge

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 19.10.2009, 19:50   #1
neonhelm
Szenekenner

Benutzerbild von neonhelm

Manchester Velodrome - Eine Stunde im Home Of British Cycling

Ein Vorab-Bericht vom Manchester Velodrome. Wenn ich nachher noch Lust hab, dann gibt's den auch nochmal ausführlicher in Deutsch...

Zitat:
Zitat von neonhelm
Velodrome was great. Arrived there 11h for the 12h taster session. Nice building that Home Of British Cycling. Went to the reception, got a form to fill in and was told to bugger off to the stands to get an impression what's going on and then please return 11:30. So I signed my life away while we sat there and watched a group training. Jeeez, that makes you dizzie, especially as they'd obviously done up the place for the coming season and it stank like drying paint. Anyway, was fun watching as they did a lot of interesting games down there on the track.

At 11:30 I went down again, got myself a pair of shoes as the use a different clip system. Went to the changing room talking to a guy from North Carolina who was as exited as I was. We got changed and then walked down to the track. There was a row of bikes, one with my name on it. Set the seat height properly and waited for the earlier training group to finish. Standing in the middle of the track, that thing was even steeper as from above and watching nearly made me sick... :D

But my main worry was that fixed gear bike with no brakes. Never ridden one of these before. But as they say, there's always a first time. Personally I would have preferred something level for that... ':D

So, at 12h Dave introduced himself to us. A silver haired guy in his sixties with a whistle around his neck. He talked us through the rules and made us then enter the track and mount the bikes, me first in that row of ten, my left hand on the rail, my right hand on the bar.

He came, checked the seat height and then it was our first round: Easy on the flat bit in the middle to get used to the bike. wasn't as bad as I thought. Actually I'd no problems at all but was still a bit worried if that might still be the case if I'm in full swing...

Than we set off on a couple of faster laps on the semi-steep blue bit of the track you use to mount it. Still no problem. And then we got the full go. Jesus, you really have to push into the turn otherwise you'd slide down. At least it felt so. So we got accustomed to the track and it became really great. Mounting the curve on the far side, let oneself drop towards the middle while picking up speed and then with max speed into the next corner. That was sooo much fun. And it was so exhausting. I had to stop in between and take a sip out of my waterbottle 'cause my mouth dried out very quickly.

So we did lap after lap, chasing each other, drafting, pushing the limits further. Two more short stops for a quick sip and suddenly it was 'Last three laps'. I was thought to be able to move up to the next level of training groups. What a shame I don't live in M'cr. I'd know what to do in the winter. I put back the bike, had a quick shower and changed back to normal. The hour definitely went too quick. Even if I'd not a lot left in my legs I would have enjoyed to carry on.

So, if you ever intend to go to Manchester, book a taster session in advance (which is normally three month) as they are pretty busy. It's definitely well worth the experience if you are into sport, especially cycling.

One week without training makes one weak.

Die Rechte an eventuell eingebetteten Bildern oder Videos liegen immer beim jeweiligen Urheber.

Geändert von neonhelm (19.10.2009 um 20:00 Uhr).
neonhelm ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 19.10.2009, 19:58   #2
old bag of bones
Szenekenner

Benutzerbild von old bag of bones

Schöner Bericht! Würde ich auch gerne mal ausprobieren.
Wieviel "quid" hat dich das Vergnügen denn gekostet?
old bag of bones ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 19.10.2009, 20:01   #3
neonhelm
Szenekenner

Zitat:
Zitat von old bag of bones Beitrag anzeigen
Schöner Bericht! Würde ich auch gerne mal ausprobieren.
Wieviel "quid" hat dich das Vergnügen denn gekostet?
Was ten quid. Plus ten for the bike and four for the shoes.

Bike and shoes were in mint condition.

Die Rechte an eventuell eingebetteten Bildern oder Videos liegen immer beim jeweiligen Urheber.
Alt 19.10.2009, 20:11   #4
old bag of bones
Szenekenner

Benutzerbild von old bag of bones

Zitat:
Zitat von neonhelm Beitrag anzeigen
Cheers
old bag of bones ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 19.10.2009, 20:15   #5
sybenwurz
triathlon-szene.de Autor

Benutzerbild von sybenwurz

Dachte schon, es hätt nen neuen Stundenweltrekord gegeben und ich hätt nix mitgekriegt...

Fetzt schon so, auf der Bahn, gell?
Im finstersten Winkel Frankreichs, wo das Kopfsteinpflaster herumspukt, begann ein Junge aus Gelderland zu sprinten. Eine halbe Stunde später drang durch eine Maske aus Schlamm und Kuhscheiße ein feines Lächeln. Ich schloss die Augen und hörte die Matthäus-Passion auf Rädern.
sybenwurz ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 19.10.2009, 20:55   #6
neonhelm
Szenekenner

Zitat:
Zitat von sybenwurz Beitrag anzeigen
Fetzt schon so, auf der Bahn, gell?
Yepp, das war richtig klasse. Hatte einen Riesenspass und koennte glatt geneigt sein, mal nach Buettgen rüberzufahren und da mal zu fahren.

Alt 19.10.2009, 21:17   #7
mauna_kea

@neonhelm
kannste in Neuss auch in deiner Nähe haben. ich kenne einige die da trainieren.
Da geht die Post ab.
Alt 19.10.2009, 21:31   #8
sybenwurz
triathlon-szene.de Autor

Benutzerbild von sybenwurz

Zitat:
Zitat von mauna_kea Beitrag anzeigen
@neonhelm
kannste in Neuss auch in deiner Nähe haben. ich kenne einige die da trainieren.
Da geht die Post ab.
Das isses ja leider.
Um ein bissl Spass auf der Bahn zu haben, steht man den andern zu arg im Weg rum.
Aber bei rennrad-news.de gabs mal ne zeitlang Leuts, die sich zum Bahnfahren verabredet haben.
Wenn ichs richtig gecheckt hab, durften die auch mit Bremsen und Drahreifen auf die Bahn (was im Extremfall nedd so gut ist, denn auf ner Schrägen mal kurz erschrocken und in die Eisen gelangt bedeutet sofortiges Abschmieren und Bodenkontakt, ggf. mit Abräumen der Nachfolgenden).
Im finstersten Winkel Frankreichs, wo das Kopfsteinpflaster herumspukt, begann ein Junge aus Gelderland zu sprinten. Eine halbe Stunde später drang durch eine Maske aus Schlamm und Kuhscheiße ein feines Lächeln. Ich schloss die Augen und hörte die Matthäus-Passion auf Rädern.
sybenwurz ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Themen-Optionen