Keine Flugreise
Deutschlands wärmste Gegend
Kilometer sammeln vor den Wettkämpfen
Traumhafte Trainingsstrecken
Training auf dem eigenen Rad
25.05.-02.06.2024
EUR 390,-
Code of the Road - triathlon-szene.de | Europas aktivstes Triathlon Forum
Zurück   triathlon-szene.de | Europas aktivstes Triathlon Forum > Allgemein > Triathletisches > Radsport
Registrieren Benutzerliste Suchen Heutige Beiträge

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 03.03.2008, 15:58   #1
dude
Bunte-Tussi des Triathlon

Benutzerbild von dude

Code of the Road

Never expose your knees in temperatures below 21 degrees C.
In colder, wet weather, the muscles and ligaments require the additional protection to prevent injury and keep the blood circulating. In essence, lubricating the knee. (This, of course, is counterintuitive to the entire BKW philosophy. But hey, I am far from a PRO and plan to ride my bicycle for another 60 years.)

No white bar tape before Memorial Day or after Labor Day.
This rule came about out of my love for the peak season ride. Now I love the cold, rain, and wind of the Spring, and nothing spells HARDMAN like braving these conditions, but there is something so basic and pleasurable about the peak summer months. The Tour in July, Vuelta in September. These rides take place in primarily beautiful weather, basking the riders in a warm glow. Often all the PRO teams are sporting the white tape in these months. Therefore, in an effort to protect my mind's snapshot of summer racing, the white is reserved for the warm months.

Early season development on a fixed gear.

A cyclist should spend the first 1600 kms of the season pedaling a fixed gear machine. This period helps develop the ability to spin a larger gear with greater fluidity, blessing the rider with the ultimate skill, a skill the French refer to as supplesse, or "suppleness". A rider begins with a lower gear combination, working up slowly every 500 kms, progressively building in gear size.

Cleanliness: Keep on it. This is a tough subject to address because the areas covered are tres personal. I'll be as candid as possible: Bacteria is bad, anyway you slice it. Wash your shorts, wash your ass; chamois time is clammy time. I have spoken to none to few about saddle sores and discomfort while riding. A couple great pairs of shorts are the first remedy followed by a disciplined approach to caring for them and you. Make all efforts to relieve yourself (read #2) before your ride. Follow this with a shower, a light layer of chamois cream (or Noxzema if you are truly an OG), and a clean pair of shorts. Rotate your shorts and wash after every ride. When you finish a ride, get out of your shorts. There is nothing PRO about sitting around in a wet chamois for hours on end, even if you're drinking a sweet espresso on a warm day. Happy cyclist, happy backside, and when forced to sit on your wheel, fellow cyclists will thank you.

Tire label at the valve. Here is another simple but often overlooked practice. When installing a tire, line up the valve with the label on the tire. One, it makes things look PRO and two, when you have a flat, it makes identifying the source of the puncture in the tire easier. Find the hole in the tube and then locate the corresponding area in the tire. this allows for identification for the cause of your flat, staple, glass, tack or pinch flat. Wha-LA!

Sharing a water bottle: No Bueno. Never, ever, share a water bottle. As the season wears on and the warmer months take over, the heat goes up and so does liquid consumption. Concurrently, with more miles and intensity, the body's immunity begins to settle into a weakened state. This is the reason so many PROs are susceptible to colds and stomach bugs. Well, I guess the stomach bug can also be related to doping issues but let's stay on the positive. So as a rule, no matter how thirsty I may be, I never share a water bottle. I don't need to catch a cold or a stomach bug from one of my teammates. Plan ahead, bring enough water, and always be alert to sources for clean water and a bottle refill.

Drink Hot Tea. Following a ride in less than ideal conditions, immediately hit the warm shower, change into dry gear, and then enjoy a cup of hot tea. The tea helps your body warm from the inside, which will equip you to stay comfortable all day.

Tune it up. By April 1, I like to have all of my gear for the coming season dialed in. This means tires are new, cables and housing is replaced, and a new chain and cogs are fitted. I go a bit overboard and use the time to tweak the machine, I replace the bottom bracket, check, and clean all bearings and reapply grease and Anti-Seize to all threaded surfaces.
Alt 03.03.2008, 20:31   #2
the grip
Szenekenner

Benutzerbild von the grip

Wo er recht hat, hat er Recht ...

Quelle ?

Dude, nicht nur Bunte-Tussi, sondern auch Stil-Polizei des Triathlons (hatte ich doch schon mal erwähnt, nicht wahr, Bruce ?)
Alt 03.03.2008, 22:06   #3
dude

Benutzerbild von dude

www.belgiumkneewarmers.com
Alt 03.03.2008, 22:55   #4
sybenwurz
triathlon-szene.de Autor

Benutzerbild von sybenwurz

Ich bin ja kein Freund allzu arger Reglementierungen, aber ein paar Sachen machen schon Sinn, wie die Reifenbeschriftung-aufs-Ventil taugt wirklich bei nem Platten.
Aber halt nur, wenn man sich die Mühe macht, den kaputten Schlauch noma aufzupumpen.
Früher hab ich die Beschriftung ne Handbreit nebens Ventil gemacht. Hebt man mit der einen Hand das Fahrrad und dreht mit der anderen das Laufrad, muss man nur auf den bunten Schriftzug greifen, das Rad so stoppen und hat das Ventil fertig zum Aufpumpen oben.
Irgendwann wars mir zu blöd, das jedem zu erklären und wieso das bei Schlauchreifen nicht geht.
Himmel hilf!
Weisse Socken hab ich nur dann gerne getragen, als ich sie eh vom Tennisspielen hatte, aber dieses Plick-Plock und Rumgerenne auf dem engen Feld hatte ich ziemlich bald satt.
Frech waren ja die Brügelmann-Socken zu Zeiten, als Erwin seinen Namen noch in Spiegelschrift geschrieben hat.

Was mich dann aber ziemlich ankekst, sind so fix aufgezogene Style-Regeln. Gerade bei den Singlespeedern fiel mir das ne Zeitlang ziemlich krass auf: gerade die, die sich mit verwucherten Beinen und Biertrinkend dem Minimalismus frönend abheben wollten, haben sich von ihrer schnell aufgetauchten Style-Polizei so gleich machen lassen wie diejenigen, von denen sie sich doch unterscheiden wollten.
Es gibt n paar Dinge, die sinnvoll sind, aber jede weitere Regel-Wut ist für die Füsse.
Und ich mache wohl auch in der grössten Hektik den Schriftzug vom Reifen aufs Ventil, aber das übe ich ja auch täglich 10x oder öfter.
Wenns jemand eilig hat und er/sie froh ist, den Reifen drauf zu haben und den Schlauch unversehrt darin, kann ich irgendwie nachvollziehen, dass ihm/ihr der Sinn für ne bestimmte Position für das Label abgeht, mal nicht zu reden von der Drehrichtung des Reifens...
Was mich an obiger Auflistung interessieren würde: musses heisser Tee sein, oder wie isses mit ner fetten, heissen Schokolade oder nem geilen Kaffee zur Innenwärmung?
Im finstersten Winkel Frankreichs, wo das Kopfsteinpflaster herumspukt, begann ein Junge aus Gelderland zu sprinten. Eine halbe Stunde später drang durch eine Maske aus Schlamm und Kuhscheiße ein feines Lächeln. Ich schloss die Augen und hörte die Matthäus-Passion auf Rädern.
sybenwurz ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 03.03.2008, 23:17   #5
dude

Benutzerbild von dude

PRO ist heisser Tee nach dem Training.

PRO ist Kaffee nur als Espresso ohne alles vor dem Training.

(Erlaubt ist, was Spass macht .)
Alt 03.03.2008, 23:31   #6
sybenwurz
triathlon-szene.de Autor

Benutzerbild von sybenwurz

Zitat:
Zitat von dude Beitrag anzeigen
Na Gottseidank!
Da bin ich aber froh...
Im finstersten Winkel Frankreichs, wo das Kopfsteinpflaster herumspukt, begann ein Junge aus Gelderland zu sprinten. Eine halbe Stunde später drang durch eine Maske aus Schlamm und Kuhscheiße ein feines Lächeln. Ich schloss die Augen und hörte die Matthäus-Passion auf Rädern.
sybenwurz ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04.03.2008, 07:23   #7
remi
Szenekenner

Benutzerbild von remi

Zitat:
Zitat von dude Beitrag anzeigen

genau! ansonsten .... wenn man freund amerikanischer phrasendrescherei ist ....... meinetwegen
remi ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04.03.2008, 07:37   #8
dude

Benutzerbild von dude

Zitat:
Zitat von remi Beitrag anzeigen
wenn man freund amerikanischer phrasendrescherei ist ....... meinetwegen
wie meinst du das?

Themen-Optionen