Triathlon Trainingslager Südbaden
Keine Flugreise
Deutschlands wärmste Gegend
Kilometer sammeln vor den Wettkämpfen
Traumhafte Trainingsstrecken
Training auf dem eigenen Rad
25.05.-02.06.2024
EUR 390,-
triathlon-szene.de | Europas aktivstes Triathlon Forum - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - Accommodation: Homestay in Roth gesucht!
Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 18.05.2013, 11:30   #7
Rhing
Szenekenner

Benutzerbild von Rhing

Not far from the start there are some opportunities for camping. Last year I hired a caravan near Nuremberg, towed it to Roth (Approx. 60 k) and was there for 4 days together with 21 starters from our tri-club. You can use a tent as well. I preferred the caravan as with an age of 55 the real challenge perhaps wouldn't be the 226 k but getting out of the tent with a back that feels like being broken. But you’re a tough Canadian of 38 ;-)). It was fine with the caravan and it's only a 500 m walk to the start in the morning.
A problem for you probably is to hire a car with a towing bar.
The opportunities I'm writing about are quite basic, which means it's just a cut meadow near the house and no allocated areas for particular tents or caravans. So, it's no "Prussian order" (it's Bavaria), but this makes it interesting and you're in the middle of the athletes with barbeque and everything is casual. The facilities are simple, but sufficient and cleaned frequently, electricity is available but requires a long cable.
If your preferred target is to get a got result the hotel is probably best, but for enjoying the whole atmosphere of the event, I found it perfect. The reservation for camping as well as the caravan still should be possible. Please send me a PN in case you want the details. You should however have somebody, who can do the reservation in German and you need to do an advanced payment to a German bank account for the caravan.

Geändert von Rhing (18.05.2013 um 13:32 Uhr).
Rhing ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten